I play music at my place

Do I need a licence?

Anybody who organises concerts or publishes, reproduces, performs, broadcasts or otherwise disseminates music is automatically a customer of SUISA. Even the owner of a fitness studio who plays music during lessons is a customer. Anybody who uses music in public needs a licence and is therefore a customer of SUISA.

If you use music in private, i.e. within a small circle of family and friends, you do not need a licence. All other uses are considered public uses and require a licence from SUISA. The organiser is responsible for obtaining the licence for public use.


Contact us for guidance and support.