Parties, DJ sets and dance events organised by non-restaurant establishments

Apply for a licence

Apply here for the licence to use music for parties, DJ sets and dace events, organised by non-restaurant establishment

(Online form available in German, French and Italian only)

For parties, DJ sets, or dance events with music for entertainment, SUISA will issue you a licence for the music played.

Music events, parties and other dance events (CT Hb)

When you organise a party, town fair, fashion show, etc., SUISA will issue you a licence for the music played.

If you play commercially available recordings (CDs, MP3s, etc.) at the event, we add a fee for neighbouring rights.

The licence fee is based on Common Tariff Hb. 


The licence fees are generally set as a percentage of ticket revenues. For small events (admission price under CHF 17, and capacity of up to 400 persons), we apply a flat rate.

If no revenues are generated or the revenues do not cover the costs, the fee is based on the costs of the music use (artists fees, the cost of travel and accommodation for the musicians, rental cost for instruments, PA system and the venue). For more details, please consult the relevant fact sheet and the tariff.

Reductions for contract customers

If you conclude a contract with SUISA for your events, you can benefit from reductions of up to 15% provided you comply with the contractual terms and conditions.

How to proceed:

Send us the duly completed questionnaire together with your list of works. We will then issue the licence and invoice. Once your payment is received, we distribute the remuneration to the beneficiary composers, lyricists, and publishers.

FAQ: Frequently asked questions

  • When SUISA receives the programme list, it will as a rule distribute the money to the authors of the listed works. If SUISA does not request the programme to avoid excessive costs, it will distribute royalties on a «lump sum» basis.  Entertainment events with recorded music are always settled based on a statistical sampling method (hit boxes). 

  • Copyright law applies a very restrictive definition of the term "private". Under the Copyright Act, private events are birthdays, weddings and similar parties which take place in a close circle of family and friends. Events organised by clubs or associations do not qualify as private events and must  therefore pay licence fees for the use of music.

  • As a rule, the organisers of an event with music are responsible for paying the copyright remuneration. If you organise an event, then you are responsible for the payment.