Teachers and school administrators use protected works such as texts, music, and pictures in many different ways. For uses in the classroom as well as at school camps, proms or PTA evenings, different tariffs apply.

For comprehensive questions and answers, visit: The following sections also contain important information on special aspects of music use.

Music in the classroom

Schools already have a legal licence to use protected works in the classroom. This privilege applies to schools whose main purpose is education and vocational training.

Notwithstanding, certain uses are subject to licence fees. These fees are charged in accordance with Common Tariff 7 (CT 7). The EDK (the federal conference of cantonal directors of public education) and private schools have concluded a contract with ProLitteris and generally do not need to undertake any further action. For further information, visit the ProLitteris website.