DJs or musicians

If you organise dance shows or entertainment events in your establishment, you need a licence under Common Tariff H.

These events include live music performed by musicians or singers, music for dancing or as accompaniment for shows and performances (dancers, artists, etc.), karaoke events or DJ performances.The licence fee is calculated based on the one hand on the admission price plus the price of the cheapest alcoholic beverage, and the number of guests on the other. If you play music from sound recordings (MP3, CDs, LPs, etc.) at your events, an additional fee is payable for neighbouring rights.If you conclude a contract with SUISA for your events, you can benefit from reductions of up to 25% provided you comply with the contractual terms and conditions. Members of a national trade association (GastroSuisse, hotelleriesuisse, PETZI, Swiss Club Association and Safer Clubbing) are entitled to an additional reduction of 10%.Please refer to the relevant fact sheet for more details.  The Tariff also contains a table showing how much is payable for each type of event.Please send us the duly completed questionnaire. We will then issue the licence and invoice. Once your payment is received, we shall distribute the collected amounts to the beneficiary composers, lyricists and publishers.



Related issues


Our customer services will be pleased to provide information on customer-related issues

+41 44 485 66 66

Monday - Friday:
8 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. / 1:15 p.m. - 5 p.m.

Contact form

Coronavirus: SUISA extends payment deadline for its customers




SUISA's foundation


Mint Digital Services