Dance events

Do you organise dances which are not reserved to course participants and where everyone can dance freely (e.g. Lindy hop matinée or Milonga)? Then you need a licence under Common Tariff H (if the event is held at your dance school) or under Common Tariff Hb (if the event is held elsewhere).

The licence fee under Common Tariff H is calculated based on the total of the admission price and the price of the cheapest alcoholic beverage on the one hand, and the number of guests on the other. If you play music from sound recordings (MP3, CDs, LPs, etc.) at your events, an additional fee for neighbouring rights will be payable.

If you conclude a contract with SUISA covering your events, you can benefit from reductions of up to 25% provided you comply with the contractual terms and conditions. Members of a national trade association are entitled to an additional reduction of 10%.

Please refer to the Fact Sheet for more detailed information. The tariff also contains a table showing how much is payable for each type of event.

The licence fee under Common Tariff Hb is a flat-rate sum which depends on the size of the room. If the admission fee is CHF 17 or over, the licence fee is calculated as a percentage of your ticket sales.

Please send us the duly completed questionnaire. We will then issue the licence and invoice. Once your payment is received, we will distribute the revenues to the beneficiary composers, lyricists and publishers.


Our customer services will be pleased to provide information on customer-related issues

+41 44 485 66 66

Monday - Friday:
8 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. / 1:15 p.m. - 5 p.m.

Contact form

SUISA's foundation


Mint Digital Services