» Customers » Retail & commercial » Passenger transport & fairground operators (carney industry) » Entertainment on board and background music

Entertainment on board and background music

If you entertain your guests with CDs, DVDs (sound and sound and video carriers) or radio and television broadcasts, you need a licence from SUISA. The licence covers the music as well as the broadcasting content (Common Tariff 3b).

The licence fee is a monthly flat fee per vehicle, business, airplane, etc. If you already pay a fee for background music on your premises or for music on hold under Common Tariff 3a, it will be taken into account in the calculation. For more details, please consult the relevant Fact Sheet and Tariff. 

You can benefit from a 10% reduction if you conclude a contract with SUISA provided you comply with the contractual terms and conditions.

It is even less expensive if you belong to a trade association that has concluded a contract with us. Members of such trade associations receive an additional reduction and save on administration. For the time being, contracts have been concluded with ASTAG and the Swiss carney association.

If you wish to obtain a licence directly from us, please send us the duly completed questionnaire. We will then issue the licence and invoice. Once your payment is received, we shall distribute the royalties to the beneficiary composers, lyricists and publishers.


Our customer services will be pleased to provide information on customer-related issues


+41 44 485 66 66

Monday - Friday:
8 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. / 1:15 p.m. - 5 p.m.

Contact form




SUISA's foundation


Mint Digital Services