Apply for a licence

Apply here for a licence to use music at school parties and proms 

If you are organising a party or an event like a school celebration or prom, we will issue you a licence for the music in accordance with Common Tariff Hb (CT Hb).


Licence fees are generally a percentage of the ticket revenues. For small events (admission price under CHF 17 and a location capacity of up to 400 persons), we apply a flat rate.

If you play commercially available sound recordings (CDs, MP3s, streaming, etc.), we will charge you an additional fee on behalf of SWISSPERFORM for the rights of the performing artists and producers (neighbouring rights).

If no revenues are generated or if the revenues do not cover costs, the fee is calculated on the costs of the music use (artists fees, the cost of travel and accommodation for the musicians, rental cost for instruments, PA system and the venue). For more details, please consult the relevant fact sheet and the tariff.

How to proceed:

Send us the duly completed questionnaire together with your list of works. We will then issue the licence and invoice. Once your payment is received, we distribute the remuneration to the beneficiary composers, lyricists, and publishers.