The information published on this website was carefully compiled and prepared. Notwithstanding, SUISA assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or choice of the information posted.
SUISA does not check third-party websites or databases that are connected to its site by links and assumes no responsibility for any content, products, services or other offers made available or advertised on such websites. The same applies to websites with links to SUISA’s website.
The information on this website cannot replace expert professional advice, especially on legal matters.
If you discover any errors on this website, or if you find unlawful offers on an external link, please inform us by e-mail to email@example.com. Thank you.
This website in general and all individual elements contained herein (texts, pictures, graphics, music, etc.) are protected by copyright. They are for information purposes only and may only be used in the context of your business relations with SUISA. Archiving and all use for commercial purposes are prohibited.
- SUISA processes all personal data in line with the regulations of the (Swiss) Federal Act on Data Protection (FADP)
- For data protection in relation to the clients and members of SUISA the following shall apply: clause 6.3 of the general terms and conditions.
Also applicable is article 51 paragraph 2 of the Swiss copyright act (protection of trade secrets).
- SUISA, its employees and its representatives will only collect and/or process personal data that is publicly available, or which you as a user have yourself recorded or disclosed to SUISA respectively (for example as part of enquiries, applications for membership or licences, declarations of work, orders etc.).
- SUISA, its employees and its representatives will process personal data solely for the purpose which was indicated or which was evident from the circumstances at the time of their collection. SUISA is entitled to process the data as required to carry out its tasks as defined by the law, its statutes, regulations and tariffs, as well as its contracts; this applies in particular to its duties in relation to the rights administration, mutual recognition and licensing agreements entered into, also in relation to the legal enforcement of the copyrights entrusted into its administration, for the collection of the appropriate royalties, for piracy control, for the promotion of musical works entrusted into its administration, as well as for statistical and academic purposes.
In this context SUISA is entitled to pass personal data onto third parties, both domestic and foreign, namely sister societies, who are entitled to process them to the same extent. This may result in data arriving in countries where no adequate protec-tion corresponding to Swiss data protection can be guaranteed.
Apart from the above SUISA does not pass personal data on to third parties, un-less by agreement with the person(s) concerned, or where SUISA is required to disclose information by law or due to a governmental or judicial order.
- For reasons of safety and for anonymous statistical surveys SUISA automatically stores access data by which you as the user may be identified: IP address, date and time of access, files accessed, access status, chosen pages, amount of data downloaded, page via which access was gained, top level domain, browser used, operating system used. SUISA protects this protocol data from unauthorized access, will not pass it on to third parties and will not analyse it in relation to the specific person.
- All electronic messages sent to or from SUISA are automatically and unalterably archived to secure their probative force. These data stores are protected by appropriate technical and organizational means. Access is only provided in cases where this is required by law in line with judicial regulations and only to certain persons with designated functions.
- SUISA will endeavour to ensure the safety of all personal data it holds. For this SUISA employs appropriate security measures in line with the latest technological developments and takes the appropriate organizational precautions to ensure that personal data is protected from unauthorized access, unauthorized use and unauthorized transmission. Ensuring the safety of the data on the user's computer is the sole responsibility of the user.
Communication via the SUISA website and the member area is only partially encrypted, the communication via e-mail is never encrypted. For this reason their se-curity and their confidentiality can not be assured. SUISA declines any liability for damages that you as the user or third parties may incur as a result of communication via the SUISA website, the member area or per e-mail. SUISA recommends that no confidential information is sent to it via the internet.
- The SUISA website makes use of so-called cookies to help tailor the range of services to the needs of the visitors, and in order to collect statistical data regarding the use of the website. "Cookies" are small text files which a website can place locally in the memory of the internet browser on the user's computer. Cookies in particular enable a website to recognize the specific internet browser. Once installed cookies can be deleted again via the internet browser setting on the user's computer. The storage of cookies can be declined by modifying the corresponding internet browser settings; however this may prevent you from making full use of the complete range of functions on the SUISA website and the member area respectively.
- The SUISA website uses Piwik, an Opensourceprogram for web analysis. Piwik utilizes so-called "cookies", text files which are stored on the computer being used, and which make it possible to analyse how the website is being utilized. The information on the use of the website (including the IP address being used) which is generated by the cookie is then transmitted to a Piwik server in Switzerland and is stored there. Piwik will use this information to evaluate how the website is being used, to compile reports on the website's activities on behalf of the website operators, and to provide further services relating to the use of the website and the use of the internet. Piwik may also where appropriate transmit this information to third parties, provided this is required by law or in cases where third parties are processing this data on behalf of Piwik.
- SUISA’s website uses Mouseflow, a web analytics tool, for measuring and analysing user experience on the website. You may refuse to allow Mouseflow to collect and use your data in the future by placing an opt-out cookie on your browser via the following link: http://www.mouseflow.com/opt-out/.
External links are clearly indicated.
- If you have access to the member area of the SUISA website and are able to retrieve, enter and/or modify data and information about you and your works, then it is your responsibility to check for yourself and if necessary correct the personal data that we hold about you.
As the person concerned you are otherwise also entitled to ask SUISA to provide information on the personal data concerning you, and demand that any such information be corrected. SUISA reserves the right to ask for the request in writing and for proof of identity of the person making the request before providing information or before making a correction. In cases where requests for information are made by persons who are neither clients nor members of SUISA or one of its sister societies, SUISA reserves the right to ask for an appropriate processing fee in line with article 2 of the Ordinance to the Federal Act on Data Protection (OFADP).
- For any questions on data protection at SUISA please contact SUISA's legal service (telephone +41 (0)44 485 66 66 or firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Most recent update: november 2016
Addthis Bookmarking service
This website explains the type of data processed and the purpose of processing. We do not process the data concerned. By using the AddThis field, you confirm that you accept processing of the relevant data by Add This LLC as specified on their website http://www.addthis.com. You may refuse to allow your data to be used by opting out, in which case an "Opt Out Cookie" ( http://www.addthis.com/advertising-choices) will be placed on your computer.
For more information, please refer to the above-indicated website of Add This LLC.