» Customers » Schools » School parties and proms

School parties and proms

If you are organising a party, school fête, dance or other event such as a prom, you need to obtain a licence for the use of music. The licence fee is calculated based on Common Tariff Hb.

The fee is generally a percentage of the ticket sales; for small events, we charge a flat fee (admission fee less than CHF 17.– or premises with a capacity of max. 400 persons). By way of exception, the licence fee may be calculated based on the costs for musicians (artists’ fees, agents’ fees, and travel and accommodation costs), local rent and PA system. For more details, please consult the relevant Fact Sheet and Tariff.

Contact us in good time so you can budget the licence fees.


Our customer services will be pleased to provide information on customer-related issues


+41 44 485 66 66

Monday - Friday:
8 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. / 1:15 p.m. - 5 p.m.

Contact form




SUISA's foundation


Mint Digital Services