» Customers » Retail & commercial » Retail and service businesses » Background music / Music on hold

Background music / Music on hold

If you play background music on your business premises or show broadcasts such as football matches or series, you need a licence under Common Tariff 3a. The same applies to the use of music on hold on your telephone lines.

The licence fee depends on the surface area where the music can be heard or the broadcast viewed.

If you have registered with Billag AG for broadcast receptions, you already have a licence and no further action is required on your part. If you are not registered with Billag AG, please contact us.

Please send us the duly completed questionnaire. We will then issue the licence and invoice. Once your payment is received, we shall distribute the collected amounts to the beneficiary composers, lyricists and publishers.

Tariffs and fact sheets are not available in English. Please select another language.


Our customer services will be pleased to provide information on customer-related issues


+41 44 485 66 66

Monday - Friday:
8 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. / 1:15 p.m. - 5 p.m.

Contact form

SUISA's foundation


Mint Digital Services