» Customers » Retail & commercial » Passenger transport & fairground operators (carney industry) » Music on hold in offices and background music

Music on hold in offices and background music

If you play background music for your customers on your business premises, you need a licence under Common Tariff 3a. The same applies to the use of music on hold on your telephone lines.

The licence fee depends on the surface area where the music can be heard or the broadcast received.

If you have registered with Billag AG for broadcast receptions, you already have a licence and no further action is required on your part. If you are not registered with Billag AG, please contact us.

The licence fee paid to Billag AG will be deducted from the fees for entertainment on board or music in public transport (CT 3b).

Please send us the duly completed questionnaire. We will then issue the licence and invoice. Once your payment is received, we shall distribute the royalties to the beneficiary composers, lyricists and publishers.


Our customer services will be pleased to provide information on customer-related issues


+41 44 485 66 66

Monday - Friday:
8 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. / 1:15 p.m. - 5 p.m.

Contact form

SUISA's foundation


Mint Digital Services