» Customers » Dance schools & Fitness clubs » Background entertainment / Music on hold

Background entertainment / Music on hold

If you play background music or show television broadcasts on your premises, you need a licence under Common Tariff 3a. The same applies to the use of music on hold on your telephone lines.

The licence fee depends on the surface area where the music is heard or the broadcast received.

If you have registered with Billag AG for broadcast receptions, you already have a licence and no further action is required on your part. If you are not registered with Billag AG, please contact us.

How to proceed

Please send us the duly completed questionnaire. We will then issue the licence and invoice. Once your payment is received, we will distribute the revenues to the beneficiary composers, lyricists and publishers


Our customer services will be pleased to provide information on customer-related issues


+41 44 485 66 66

Monday - Friday:
8 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. / 1:15 p.m. - 5 p.m.

Contact form

SUISA's foundation


Mint Digital Services